Tuesday 15 May 2018

Week 4: Think Globally, Act locally


Miss W, creator of the Student Blogging Challenge, is very involved in her community, both LOCALLY and GLOBALLY. Read about it HERE:
Locally
  • My recycling bin has more in it every week than my normal rubbish bin.
  • I have a worm farm that chews up any extra fruit and vegetable rubbish I might have left over.
  • Whenever I go for a walk, I pick up any rubbish especially on the beach nearby.
Globally
  • I sponsor a Panda with World Wildlife Fund
  • I sponsor a child in Sri Lanka to improve the lifestyle of the child, their family and community. Have sponsored since I received my first pay cheque as a teacher back in the 1970s.
  • I donate to Kiva with micro loans of $25. I have made 69 loans so far and 8 friends I have invited have also made loans
What could you do about some of these world problems?
Here is a great website with lots of information about many topics below.
There might be some that are more specific to your area of the world. But this week research one of the following topics:
  • hunger
  • water
  • racism
  • use of resources
  • global warming
  • specific aspects of the environment
  • unemployment
  • war and unrest
  • use of land
  • terrorism
  • HIV/Aids
  • child labour
  • women’s rights
  • education and literacy
  • another global issue of your choice
This week's task is going to make you think about issues going on in our own country as well as issues happening overseas. Enjoy learning about these issues!


No comments:

Post a Comment